Science – ESO 1 was published in May 2013. It covers all of the key topics in the natural sciences curriculum for the first year of ESO. It is written in a simple, accessible style that reflects the English skills of Spanish 12-year-olds.
We help students to overcome language barriers by using colourful visual aids, such as clearly-labelled diagrams, maps and pictures.
The key theme of this book is the planet Earth:
- how the Earth is part of the Solar System, the Milky Way and the Universe
- what matter on earth is made of, including particles like atoms and compounds
- the geosphere, the hydrosphere and the atmosphere
- what living things are
- the importance of microorganisms
- the classification of the animals on the Earth
- plants, and their importance to all life on earth
The book breaks the subject down into short, manageable topics, which are presented in a logical sequence. Each topic is accompanied by questions and/or exercises.
Science – ESO 1 is available in bookshops throughout Spain and from our online shop.
Authors: Rebecca Jégou, Benedict Barclay, Susana Hernández Oliveros
Number of pages: 96
Publisher: LinguaFrame S.L. (May 2013)
Size: A4 (297 x 210 mm)